Best. Job. Ever.
The Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures team is searching for energetic and charismatic people who want to share their love of the city with travellers from all over the world. We are currently seeking individuals for full-time and part-time positions as tour guides in Rio de Janeiro.
Tour guides are responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours that provide guests with enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses in Rio de Janeiro. Therefore, knowledge and a passion for Rio de Janeiro, its history, attractions, food, and culture is a requirement. Experience leading tours of the main tourist areas is a plus as well as knowledge of the local food and beverage scene.
Finally, we believe that the guide is the most important element of our tours so we are looking for people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun, which helps ensure that Urban Adventures’ guests have the Best. Day. Ever. on our tours. We also reward our guides with incentives, travel, and personal development opportunities.
- Be fluent in English
- Be experienced in one or more of the following: tour guiding, acting, public speaking, or teaching
- Have experience interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history and culture of São Paulo
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, sense of humour, and friendly personality
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills
- Be able to commit to giving tours at least three days per week, including weekends
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Are an experienced tour guide
- Have food and/or beverage expertise (beer, wine, restaurants, etc.)
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and a short introduction video to [email protected]