Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures provides a fantastic blend of culture, adventure and sightseeing on uniquely designed Rio de Janeiro tours. The “Marvellous City” draws in travellers from around the world, seeking to experience its vibrant rhythms, colours, people and lively festivals- right in the heart of Brazil! Taking a Rio de Janeiro sightseeing tour reveals the true side of this cultural city and exposes much more beyond the major tourist attractions.
Famous for samba, Carnival festival, beautiful tan people and lovely beaches, Rio de Janeiro is all that and much more! Besides the two major touristic icons, Corcovado and Sugar Loaf Mountains, Rio de Janeiro offers loads of things to see and do. From enjoying the rhythmic beats at a samba club in Lapa, drinking caipirinhas while watching the sunset over Ipanema Beach, or cheering along during a thrilling football match at the Maracana Stadium- the sights and experiences of Rio are endless.
The city offers something for everyone. With delicious food around every corner, the wide variety of cuisines is a journey into Rio’s history and culture. If you are an outdoor activities fan, Rio de Janeiro’s spectacular landscape will invite you for some serious adventures: Hang gliding over São Conrado beach, surfing in Arpoador beach, hiking through Tijuca National Park, rock climbing the Sugar Loaf Mountain, sea kayaking or sailing across the Guanabara Bay.
Taking a guided tour of Rio de Janeiro with Urban Adventures is the best way to experience the infinite thrills of this dynamic city.
from 4 reviews
From USD 99.00
Visit three of Brazil's most heavy hitting icons in one day on this Rio de Janiero tour. 1. Christ the Redeemer. 2. Favelas 3. Corcovado. This could just be the ultimate, big city travel hack!more...
Santa Teresa Discovery
from 4 reviews
From USD 67.00
When you've had enough of the sizzling bods and football heroics of the beach scene, join this Rio de Janiero tour which will take you on a retreat up to the classic locale of Santa Teresa for some arts, culture, history, and architecture.more...
Total Rio Tour - Full Day Rio de Janeiro Tour
from 15 reviews
From USD 156.00
Don't know what to do with a full day in Rio? How does a visit to Christ the Redeemer, time at a favela, and a ride on Rio's last remaining tram sound? Join this Rio de Janeiro tour to see the world-famous diversity of Brazil's second largest city.more...
Favela Tour Experience
from 3 reviews
From USD 56.00
The favelas of Rio are well known for all the wrong reasons. Join this Rio de Janeiro tour to see this area which never makes it into the tourist brochures but is full of life, diversity, history, and community.more...
Copacabana New Year’s Eve Party
Place: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro - [ 31/12/2015 - 01/01/2016 ]
New Year’s Eve in Rio de Janeiro is one of the most vibrant and enchanting events in Brazil.Floating Christmas Tree at Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas
Place: Lagoa, Rio de Janeiro - [ 01/12/2015 - 06/01/2016 ]
The Floating Christmas Tree at Lagoa is the biggest one of its kind around the world.Carnival
Place: Rio de Janeiro - [ 08/02/2016 - 17/02/2016 ]
Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is definitely the main festival throughout the year.more events...
River of January?
more... more stories...
30 Jan 2015 This tour is a great way to experience the variety of sights and neighbourhoods Rio has to offer. Daniel,our guide, was extremely friendly and fun to be with, attentive and interesting to listen to. His English is really excellent, and he brought many aspects of the city, including the favelas,close by giving us lots of unbiased information without ever getting tired of answering our questions. Good job!
27 Jan 2015 We had a brilliant time, although we were very tired both mentally and physically as the day covered so much. Ivan was very enthusiastic and knowledgable, spoke excellent English and was good fun.
21 Nov 2014 For me it was the first time in Rio de Janeiro and the full day tour gave me a great overview of the city, while also showing me some hidden gems. Daniel, our guide, was very passionate and enthusiastic and it was a joy to spend the day with him! He was very helpful and shared a lot of insights about the city as well as answered all of our questions. All in all a great day of exploring a great city and would definitely recommend it to anybody visiting Rio de Janeiro!
13 Oct 2014 This was one of the most enjoyable tours we have ever taken! It was the highlight of our trip to Rio! The only bad thing was that we did not have time to book MORE of Urban Adventure tours!! We were SO impressed with their professionalism and focus on giving their tourists the BEST experience ever! Gabriel, our guide, was so fantastic, we wish we had much more time to spend with him! He was so kind, patient, intelligent and experienced!! We were very lucky to have him guide us through the Santa Marta favela in Rio de Janiero! If you book with Urban Adventures, you will NOT be sorry!! It is the best for sure!!! Go and enjoy!
30 Jun 2014 The experience was more that I was bargain for. Daniel, our guide was amazing. Always open to questions and very informative.
11 Jun 2014 We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on this tour, it really gave us a good insight into life in the favelas, and took us to all the MUST see sights Rio has to offer!!!
27 Mar 2014 Our guide Luiz and the day we spend with Urban Adventures was one of the best experiense in Rio de Janeiro.
12 Feb 2014 Alex did a super job! My trip adviser name is "george from Atlanta"; my good report has been published.
07 Jan 2014 Great day tour, well worthwhile to help understand the history and RIO's Favelas and to understand what is being done to improve the living conditions. This is a must-do for anyone visiting Rio.
19 Dec 2013 Good range of activities and sights in Rio. Tour to favela a little too long.
Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures team are “Cariocas”, or Rio locals, who are passionate about their city and the local lifestyle of natural happiness and outgoing social experiences. People from Rio are very active and the team has created adventurous options on their Rio de Janeiro day tours for travellers to get in touch into Rio’s way of life.
Feels like: 28°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.